The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper will host the virtual education series “Black in the Suburbs: A Parent’s Perspective” live at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 26 on Facebook.com/IndyRecorder.
Moderator will be Shawnta S. Barnes.
Topics of discussion will be:
- Why did you choose a suburban school for your Black children?
- What difficulties have your children faced, and how did you support them?
- What are some positive experiences your children have had?
- How do you respond to white parents who may not agree with your viewpoints?
- What recommendations do you have for other Black parents considering suburban schools?
- Zandria Conyers, parent, Carmel Clay Schools
- Tamara McClure, parent, Brownsburg Community Schools
- Alice Stockton, parent, Hamilton Southeastern Schools