INDIANAPOLIS – The City of Indianapolis will hold five public hearings to seek input on housing and community development needs in Indianapolis and to distribute its 2011 Neighborhood Survey.
Meetings will be held on the following dates:
• Monday, May 17, 2010 at 6 p.m. – Spades Park Branch Library, 1801 Nowland Avenue
• Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 1 p.m. – Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Building, 1029 Fletcher Avenue, Suite 100
• Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 6 p.m.- St. Michael’s Church, 3354 West 30th Street
• Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 6 p.m.- Community Alliance of the Far Eastside, 8902 East 38th Street
• Friday, May 21, 2010 at 10 a.m.- Indianapolis Neighborhood Resource Center, 1802 North Illinois Street
The Annual Action Plan is the framework for allocating federal funding; the Community Development Block Grant funds that benefit low and moderate income people, eliminate slum and blight or meet an urgent need; the Home Investment Partnerships funds that provide affordable housing for low and very low income people; the Emergency Shelter Grant funds that provide shelter, essential services and homeless prevention; and the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS funds that provide housing and supportive services to persons with AIDS.
Requests for reasonable accommodations should be made by calling 327-5444 or emailing email@example.com. Accommodation requests can be made at any time, although making a request at least 72 hours before a meeting helps to ensure availability of the accommodation.