The inaugural Indy Health Expo will be Saturday, Jan. 23 and Sunday, Jan. 24 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, will help Indianapolis area residents stick to those New Year’s resolutions by hosting more than 150 of the finest local and national health, beauty and fitness professionals, as well as offering two days of motivation; Indianapolis’ only health and wellness exposition will feature a wide variety of celebrities and entertainers who will share helpful advice, seminars, demonstrations, products and services to aid the body, mind, and soul in 2010.
Four stages throughout Indy Health Expo will offer non-stop demonstrations and informative seminars; more than 50 talks, presentations and interactive events will feature national and local experts.
Special programs at Indy Health Expo for creating a healthy body include:
• Fitness guru Jaime Brenkus, creator of the 8 MINUTE ABS workout (which has sold over one million units) and a nationally-recognized weight loss and fitness expert, will present his Slim & FIT personal fitness program designed to help people lose weight, get in shape to sustain a healthier and happier lifestyle.
• Renowned pediatrician Dr. James Sears, better known as “Dr. Jim,” from the popular television show “The Doctors,” will focus on health and children in his discussion The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood. Sears will speak on Sunday, at 1 p.m.
• Stylist to the stars, Peter Lamas, known for his works on such celebrities as Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Diana Ross, Jacqueline Kennedy, Sharon Stone, Britney Spears and Kate Winslet, will present about the myths and facts of the beauty industry and behind-the-scenes information of what’s actually in today’s beauty products. He is the founder of Lamas Beauty International, which delivers high-performance organic beauty products that contain healthy, natural ingredients and free of harmful chemicals.
Indy Health Expo will also host experts offering sound advice for the mind and creating financial fitness:
• Indianapolis’ First Lady Winnie Ballard will speak about Indy’s Campaign for Financial Fitness and the Save Smart, Live Smart program, aimed at improving Indianapolis residents’ financial health by making 2010 the year to learn saving habits. Members of Bank On Indy will join Mrs. Ballard onsite to help inform Indy Health Expo attendees about the free checking accounts offered and learn the strategies to improve their long term financial health and credit. Mrs. Ballard will speak Sunday, at 2 p.m.
• Peter Dunn, also known as “Pete the Planner,” will offer insight and strategies for financial health from his book “60 Days to Change.” His topic “Financial and Physical Fitness Go Hand-in-Hand” will help attendees use the same skills that they use to attend to their physical fitness needs to help their financial lives. Dunn is an award-winning comedian and financial expert, whose messages of planning and budgeting relate specifically to the lifestyles and challenges of Gen X and Gen Y consumers.
Indy Health Expo is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Single-day admission to Indy Health Expo is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, and free for children under 12. A two-day pass is available for $15.
For more information about Indy Health Expo, call (317) 536-8800 or visit www.indyhealthexpo.com.