If you’re like most parents who are planning their child’s christening, you want everything to be perfect, down to the last detail. One of those details is deciding on just the right baptism favors to give your guests. Here are the five elements you need to include to make these little giveaways extra special.
1. Christening favors should be spiritual. Although these mementos are usually given at the party after the ceremony, it still serves as a reminder of a religious event. So, look for baptism favors that feature Christian symbols such as a cross, Bible, dove, Noah’s ark, rainbow or angels. A quote of Scripture from the Bible is also a nice addition.
2. If you want to give your guests a keepsake, make sure it’s practical. Dust collecting knick knacks can be very appealing, but often end up stored away in a box with other souvenirs. If you want your baby’s baptism favors to be something your family and friends will hold on to, give them something they can use. Look for fun, but functional items like mini spiral notebooks, key chains, pocket mirrors, letter openers, candles, frames or little tins filled with mints or chocolates.
3. Don’t settle for ordinary, when you can find something unique. Take a little time to search online and you’ll find there are many companies with a wide variety of christening favors to offer. For example, you might be considering going with candy wrappers with a baptismal design over standard Hershey bars. But if you look a little further, you might find a wrapper with a design you like even better, covering a gourmet milk chocolate bar with a hint of raspberry flavoring. Browse and you’ll discover you have lots of choices.
4. Personalized baptism favors are treasured. Sure, you could go to the dollar store and get fifty porcelain angels for this occasion. But if you want your guests to cherish their mementos, then personalization is the way to go. Look for items that can be inscribed with your baby’s name and the date he or she was baptized. You might find products that can even include a longer message or your favorite Bible verse, such as christening bookmarks. And for even greater impact, select a product that can include your child’s picture. Photo favors make excellent keepsakes.
5. The best christening mementos are inexpensive. There’s no need to empty your wallet to provide your guests with a memorable souvenir of this special occasion in your child’s life. Shop around online until you locate the best value. You should be able to find wonderful, personalized baptismal favors for under two dollars each.
So, do some serious browsing, and then when you find a potential baptism favor, ask yourself the following questions:
* Does it have a spiritual element?
* Is this item practical and useful?
* Is it unique?
* Can it be personalized with my baby’s name, date, message and photo?
* Is it inexpensive?
If you answered yes to all those questions, then you’re on your way to giving your family and friends christening favors they are sure to cherish.
Article Source: http://www.ArticleBlast.com
About The Author:
Linda Kling, as the owner of Photo Party Favors, has offered ideas to people planning parties and celebrations since 1992. She recommends these photo christening favors. Visit her website for free printables, christening quotes, party recipes, more.