The Indianapolis Recorder Newspaper will honor 8 minority professionals who have exhibited excellence in the field of law during the annual Golden Laurel Professional Reception.
The recipients of the Golden Laurel distinction will be awarded on June 30 at the Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council office, located at 2126 N. Meridian St. Indianapolis, IN 46202. A networking reception begins at 5:30 PM; and the awards presentation will begin promptly at 6:00 PM.
This year’s event is presented in partnership with the Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council and sponsored by the law offices of Lewis Wagner and Ice Miller.
“Indiana has a rich history of pioneering minority attorneys. From the late Henry J. Richardson Jr., an attorney, civil rights leader and state representative, to the Hon. Tanya Walton Pratt, people of color who work in the law field have greatly impacted the fabric of this community,” said Recorder president Shannon Williams. “The Recorder is pleased to honor these individuals for their contributions.”
Below are the 2016 Golden Laurel award recipients:
- Kimberly S. Adams (Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman)
- Natalie Chavis (Chavis & Chavis)
- Stefanie Crawford (Lewis Wagner)
- Lacy M. Johnson (Ice Miller)
- Jimmie L. McMillian (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)
- Hon. Tanya M. Walton Pratt (United States District Court)
- Roberts & Bishop: Attorneys at Law
- Takeena M. Thompson (Cohen & Malad LLP)
Admission to the Golden Laurel Professional Reception is free of charge, but RSVPs are strongly encouraged. Visit goldenlaurellaw.eventbrite.com to register. Contact Ebony Chappel for more information at (317) 762-7851 or via email at email@example.com.