Trey Lyles led the Arsenal Tech Titans to a 2-0 start with victories over Manual High School and Chicago Orr High School. Lyles scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in the victory over Manual.
Weight: 225 lbs
School: Arsenal Technical High School ’14
Hometown: Camby, Ind.
High School Notes:
- Attends Arsenal Technical High School, where in 2010-11 he averaged 19.2 points, 15.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 6.0 blocks as a freshman.
- Verbally committed to Indiana University.
- Named to the 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team on March 24, 2011.
- All-Indiana honorable mention (2011).
- Underclassmen All-State first team (2011).
- All-Indianapolis first team (2011).
- All-Indianapolis City Tournament first team (2011).
- Has a 3.96 GPA and earned his school’s student-athlete high honors award.
- Post-basketball career ambitions: Become an NBA analyst or coach.
- Last book read for pleasure: Driven From Within by Michael Jordan.
- Has held a job doing: Lawn care and working for his dad.
- Favorite class: Biology.
- Least favorite class: Algebra.
- Knows how to speak: Spanish.
- Favorite meal to make at home: Popcorn.
- If not for basketball, would want to be a standout in: Football or baseball.
- When he was 5, wanted to be: A fireman or boxer.
- If he could live in any city in the world, it would be: Orlando.
- Favorite magazine: Sports Illustrated.
- Favorite Twitter account: Los Angeles Lakers.
- Favorite sport other than basketball: Football.
- Favorite basketball player of all time: Kobe Bryant.
- Favorite non-basketball Olympian: Muhammad Ali.
- Best player ever faced: Paul White.
- Would like to go one-on-one against: Kobe Bryant.