The Harrison Center and Indianapolis Motor Speedway are partnering for the sixth year to kickoff “porching” season and promote porch parties. Porch Party Indy brings neighbors together to share food and drink on their porches. COVID-19 brought about #SocialDistancePorching as a safe way to interact with neighbors.
The kickoff celebration will be 6:30 p.m. May 7 with a dedication of the new front porch in front of the City Gallery during First Friday.
Other openings during First Friday include:
- “Felines and Canines” a group show featuring cats and dogs in Speck Gallery.
- “Comfort” by Phillip Campbell in the City Gallery.
- “From the Heart” by Marianne Glick in the Harrison Gallery.
- “Nature’s Claim” by Graham Marshall in the Gallery Annex.
- “O Negative” by Michelle Andrea in Hank and Dolly’s Gallery.
- “Homebound,” by Lorie Lee Andrews and Kristin Schoonveld in the Underground Gallery.
Along with social distancing and mandatory face coverings, all patrons of First Friday will need to register online.
The Spectacle of Homes, a reverse parade featuring porches and homes as floats will be May 29. Enter your house or neighborhood for a special Indy 500 visit here.
Porch party classes are offered to guide party planners on how to throw a porch party. More information and tickets can be found here.