It’s that time of year again. This weekend, over 200,000 people are expected to attend Indiana’s biggest sporting event, the Indianapolis 500. From concerts, to autograph sessions, to the big race itself, there is something for everyone at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Take a look at the lineup for the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500:
Friday, May 26: Celebrate Carb Day
Race weekend will kick off on Friday, May 26, with Miller Lite Carb Day. This event includes a race car exhibit and a 40-lap Indy Lights Freedom 100 Race. At 3:15 p.m., the Barenaked Ladies will perform on the Miller Lite Carb Day stage, followed by the Steve Miller Band at 4:30 p.m. General admission tickets to Carb Day are $30 and include concert access. Purchase tickets online at indianapolismotorspeedway.com. Doors open at 8 a.m., and a full list of events can be found online.
– 8 a.m. — Gates open/historic race car exhibition
– 12:30 p.m. — Indy Lights Freedom 100 Race (40 laps)
– 3:15–4:15 p.m. — Barenaked Ladies concert, Miller Lite Carb Day Stage (Turn 4)
– 4:30–6:30 p.m. — Steve Miller Band concert, Miller Lite Carb Day Stage (Turn 4)
– 6 p.m. — Public gates close
Saturday, May 27: Enjoy Legends Day
Legends Day is an event dedicated to all of the previous winners of the Indy 500. Meet drivers, get autographs and buy memorabilia. Multi-platinum selling and award-winning artist Keith Urban, alongside special guests Dustin Lynch and Clayton Anderson, will perform at the fourth annual Legends Day concert. Separate tickets starting at $40 are required for the concert. A full list of events can be found online.
– 8 a.m. — Gates open/ memorabilia show takes place until 3 p.m.
– 10 a.m.–3 p.m. — IMS Midway open
– 12–1 p.m. — Indianapolis 500 Legends Autograph Session A
– 1 p.m. — Concert gates open
– 1:30–2:30 p.m. — Indianapolis 500 Legends Autograph Session B
– 3:30–4:15 p.m. — Clayton Anderson concert, Firestone Legends Day Concert Stage (Turn 4)
– 4:30–5:30 p.m. — Dustin Lynch concert, Firestone Legends Day Concert Stage (Turn 4)
– 6–7:30 p.m. — Keith Urban concert, Firestone Legends Day Concert Stage (Turn 4)
– 6 p.m. — Public gates close
Sunday, May 28: Experience the Race
Race Day is Sunday, May 28, and gates open at 6 a.m. EDM superstars Zedd and Marshmello will perform in the Snake Pit along with artists RL Grime, Action Bronson, Adventure Club and The Trap House. Tickets to the Snake Pit start at $80, and all Snake Pit attendees must hold a valid Indy 500 Race Day ticket.
Drivers will start their engines at 12:14 p.m., commencing the 101st Running of the Indy 500. Here are some of the events that will be taking place on Race Day:
– 6 a.m. — Public gates open
– 7 a.m. — Snake Pit gates open
– 8:30–10 a.m. — Celebrity Red Carpet, Pagoda Plaza
– 9 a.m. — 500 Festival Princess Parade Laps
– 12:14 p.m. — “Drivers, start your engines.”
– 12:19 p.m. — 101st Running of the Indy 500 Presented by PennGrade Motor Oil (200 laps)
– 5 p.m. — Public gates close