To promote transparency in the redistricting process, the Indiana Senate Elections Committee and the House Elections Committee will each hold four meetings to take public testimony.
A recent study from a George Washington University professor found Indiana’s electoral maps are more partisan than 95% of the country. Representatives of Common Cause Indiana, a nonpartisan group advocating for fair elections, hope these meetings will help Hoosiers have more of a voice in the process. The group will hold a virtual meeting before each public hearing to discuss how attendees can shape their testimony.
Meeting times and locations vary.
Senate Elections Committee Redistricting Public Hearings
- Friday, August 6th 10 a.m. – Ivy Tech, Anderson Campus – 815 E. 60th Street, Anderson, 46013
- Friday, August 6th 4 p.m. – Ivy Tech, Columbus Campus – 4475 Central Ave, Columbus, 47203
- Saturday, August 7th 10 a.m. – Ivy Tech, Evansville Campus – 3501 N. First Avenue, Evansville, 47710
- Saturday, August 7th 4 p.m. – Ivy Tech, Sellersburg Campus – 8204 County Road 311, Sellersburg, 47172
House Elections Committee Redistricting Public Hearings
- Friday, August 6th 10 a.m. – Ivy Tech, Lafayette Campus – 3101 S. Creasy Ln, Lafayette, 47905
- Friday, August 6th 4 p.m. – Ivy Tech, Valparaiso Campus – 3100 Ivy Tech Ln, Valpo, 46383
- Saturday, August 7th 10 a.m. – Ivy Tech Fort Wayne Campus – 3800 Anthony Blvd, Fort Wayne, 46805
- Saturday, August 7th 4 p.m. – Ivy Tech, Elkhart Co. Campus – 22531 County Rd 18, Goshen, 46528
Joint Hearing of the House and Senate Elections Committee
- Wednesday, August 11th, 1 p.m. – Indiana State House, House Chambers – 200 W. Washington, Indpls, 46204