Women’s Fund of Central Indiana launched the Executive Women of Color Leadership Program to help women of color move into higher-level leadership roles.
The program is in partnership with Black Leadership + Legacies, founded by Carolene Mays. Women’s Fund of Central Indiana is part of Central Indiana Community Foundation.
“Our partner Carolene Mays has crafted a thoughtful curriculum that gives women of color critical support in leveling up their skills and shattering barriers to leadership,” Tamara Winfrey-Harris, president of Women’s Fund, said in a statement.
The yearlong program includes nine sessions. Black Leadership + Legacies will provide participants with development in areas such as leadership and board governance.
“I am delighted to work with the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana as they champion equitable opportunities for women of color,” Mays said in a statement. “This program endeavors to enrich the talents of women of color leaders, so they may successfully further their leadership career goals, governance prospects and build multi-generational legacies.”
The 13 members of the 2023 class are:
- Cecily Johnson Cruz, MSW — Taylor Advising, Consultant for Stakeholder Engagement
- Crystal Givens, MBA — Starfish Initiative, President & CEO
- Meredith Graham, MBA — Crossover Health, Engagement and Experience Manager
- Damita Jefferson, MSW — VOICES Corp., Director of Reentry/Family Liberation Coordinator
- Camike Jones, MA — Asante Art Institute, Program Director
- Dr. Jillian Harrison-Jones — Witherspoon Presbyterian Church, Director of Choral Music
- Jennifer M. McCloud, MBA — Ivy Tech Community College Indianapolis, Director of Chancellor’s Operations
- Latrece Murdock — Simply Elegant Pastries, Owner
- Ashanti Ordone. JD — Gifted & Talented Academy, Owner & CEO
- Danielle Neal Price, JD — Heritage Construction & Materials, Corporate Counsel
- Lori Satterfield, MBA — Roche, Social Impact Manager
- Stephanie Simmons, MS — Ivy Tech Community College, Executive Director of Human Resources
- Amber M. Williams, MA — Ivy Tech Community College, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Belonging