If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, interpersonal violence or intimate partner violence, help is available. Here are some local organizations that provide resources and support.
• Services: Emergency shelter, support groups, transitional housing, 24-hour crisis line.
• Where: 2011 N. Meridian St.
• Contact: 317-920-9320; juliancenter.org
Indiana Legal Services
• Services: Legal services, affordable housing, employment opportunities.
• Where: 1200 Madison Ave., Suite 300
• Contact: 1-844-243-8570; indianalegalservices.org
• Services: On-site housing, case management, therapy, support groups.
• Where: 604 E. 38th St.
• Contact: 317-923-5750; coburnplace.org
Silent No More
• Services: Teen dating workshops, domestic violence workshops.
• Where: 9245 N. Meridian St.
• Contact: 317-728-6733; silentnomoreinc.org
Join the panel discussion, “Domestic Violence: A Conversation with the Indianapolis Recorder,” at 7 p.m. Oct. 19. Panelists include Timike Jones, primary prevention program specialist and rape prevention and education coordinator at the Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence; Danyette Smith, founder of Silent No More; and Jami Schnurpel, director of programs and survivor services at the Julian Center. In partnership with WFYI Side Effects, the webinar will be streamed live on the Indianapolis Recorder and WFYI Side Effects Facebook pages.